Social Welfare Entitlements

Financial support – find out what you’re entitled to

Many people who have had a stroke will be entitled to receive social welfare payments. Payments are made by the Department of Social and Family Affairs and the Health Service Executive (HSE).

You can qualify for certain payments if you are sick for just a short time. For other payments you need to show that you have an illness or disability that will last longer than one year.

You should discuss your entitlements with your Social Worker. He / she can help you to contact your local social welfare office or local health office. You can also receive information on the different types of payments and grants available from the Citizens Information Service.

Translate »