Fundraising tips and event ideas
Not sure how to start fundraising or short of fundraising ideas? We’ve outlined some quick tips below, don’t forget to have FUN!
Fundraising Event Ideas:
- Host a coffee morning and invite your friends and colleague.
- Go red! Host a red themed party or event – get everyone involved and ask them to make a donation. You can do this at home, in your community hall or at work.
- Organise a table quiz night in school, college or your local pub. Make the rounds interesting and varied; a music round, a picture round or even a taste round!
Fundraising Tips for Success:
- Decide on how much to want to raise – then plan as many ways as possible for the event to make money.
- Get sponsorship in kind for things like your venue, facilities and prizes.
- Pick a date and time that will suit as many people as possible.
- Pick an appealing theme or activity that people will be glad to get involved in, then find the ideal spot.
- Think about who your event is aimed at, who to invite and whether you want to put an upper or lower limit on numbers attending.
- Use every channel available to tell people about your event. Be sure to reach the right people.